Promoting Your Website
by Kimberlie Clare-Campbell
Often people think that once they have a website millions of people across the world will suddenly find it. Unfortunately it doesn't work quite like that. Instead we need to actively promote our websites to start the visitors flowing.
Promotion Tools You Already Have
If you are an established business you will already have a fleet of promotional tools at your disposal. These include
- Business cards
- Advertising material
- Car signage
- Staff Uniforms
By adding your website address &/or QR code to ALL you business material you will spread the word about your website.
Using Social Media to Promote Your Website
There is a plethora of social media tools you can use to promote your website. Used well they can create traffic to your website.
- Use sites like Flickr for pictures.
- Put videos about your business or products on YouTube.
- Write regular blog posts.
- Tweet it.
- Create a fan page on Facebook.
- Send e-newsletters.
Copyright © Kimberlie Clare-Campbell 2010
Want to know more about using Social Media and marketing to promote your business? Julian is happy to give you some tips. You can call Julian on 0414 736 484.
If you are planning a website or if you are reviewing your existing website you may also like to read these articles:
- Does Your Business Need a Website?
- Assessing the effectiveness of your website.
- SEO (search engine optimisation) what is it and tips on using it in your website.
- Creating postive first impressions with your website..
- Why some websites work and how to ensure your website is one of them.
- How to use Social Media to promote your business
All too hard? At Catalyst for Growth we make it easy for you to have a website that achieves your goals because we build websites that work. Click here to read more about our website design service.